The company J.P. Vis & Zn. was founded by “gramps” Vis in 1932. Mr. J.P. Vis started with the use of horse and wagon, and gathered vegetables and fruit from local growers, transporting these to the “Kwintsheul” auction hall. The Transport Company was growing very fast, and in the year 1938 he could afford to buy his first real lorry.
This lorry is still in our possession, and can be seen in our own small museum.